With my rhubarb plant growing like crazy after the rain and sun, and this beautiful weather that has been keeping me in the garden, I had to make a rhubarby treat. Try this!
Rhubarb Almond Coffee Cake Cake
• 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
• 2/3 cup vegetable oil
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
• 2-1/2 cups flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 cup goat milk
• 1-1/2 cups chopped rhubarb
• 1/2 cup sliced almonds
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 1-1/2 tablespoon melted butter
• 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
• 1/3 cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9 inch baking pans.
2. In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, oil, egg and vanilla together until smooth. Combine flour, salt and baking soda: add to sugar mixture alternately with milk. Beat until smooth. Stir in rhubarb and almonds. Pour into prepared pans.
3. In a small bowl, combine white sugar and butter or margarine. Stir in almonds. Sprinkle topping over batter.
4. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until done.
Now sit down, make yourself a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy!